- Campbell, P. and Cox, T. (2017) ‘‘Regeneration’ in Britain: measuring the outcomes of cultural activity in the 21st century’ in Durrer, V., Miller, T. and O’Brien, D. (eds.) The Routledge Handbook of Global Cultural Policy. London: Routledge.
- Campbell, P. and O’Brien, D. (2017) ‘What Ever Happened to the Liverpool Model? Urban Cultural Policy in the Era after Urban Regeneration’ in Bevir, M., McKee, K. and Matthews, P. (eds.) Decentring Urban Governance: Narratives, Resistance and Contestation. London: Routledge.
- Umney, D. et al. (2017) ‘On Brutal Culture’, Journal of Cultural Economy, 10(6), pp.556-568.
- Campbell, P., Cox, T. and O’Brien, D. (2016) ‘The social life of measurement: how methods have shaped the idea of culture in urban regeneration’, Journal of Cultural Economy, 10(1), pp.49-62.
- Campbell, P., Cox, T., Crone, S. and Wilks-Heeg, S. (2015) ‘Evidence of Things That Appear Not’? – A Critical Review of the Role of Arts and Culture in the Regeneration of Urban Places and Urban Communities’, AHRC report.
- Campbell, P. (2014) ‘Imaginary Success? – The Contentious Ascendance of Creativity’, European Planning Studies, 22(5), pp. 995-1009.
- Kirton, A., Campbell, P., and Hardwick, L. (2013) ‘Developing applied research skills through collaboration in extra – academic contexts’, HEA report.
- Campbell, P. (2012) ‘A Creative Crisis? Linking the European Capital of Culture and Creative Industries’ in Komlosi, L.I. and Coudenys, W. ed(s) Culture in/and Crisis – Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Conference of the University Network of the European Capitals of Culture. Antwerp: UNeECC.
- Campbell, P. (2012) ‘The Culture-led Regeneration Paradigm’ in Wilson, K. and O’Brien, D. It’s Not The Winning… Reconsidering the Cultural City – A report on the Cultural Cities Research Network 2011-12. Liverpool: Institute of Cultural Capital.
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘Creative Industries in a European Capital of Culture’, International Journal of Cultural Policy, 7(5), pp. 510–522.
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘You say ‘creative’, and I say ‘creative’’, Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, 3(1), pp. 18–30. *
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘A Catachresis of Creativity? – Liverpool ’08, culture-led regeneration, and the creative industries’, PhD Thesis, University of Liverpool.
*This is an Author’s Original Manuscript of an article submitted for consideration in the Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events [copyright Taylor & Francis]; the Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events is available online at www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19407963.2011.539379.