- Campbell, P, Cox, T. and O’Brien, D. (2016) ‘The social life of measurement: how methods have shaped the idea of culture in urban regeneration’, Journal of Cultural Economy, 10(1), pp.49-62.
- Campbell, P., Cox, T., Crone, S. and Wilks-Heeg, S. (2015) ‘Evidence of Things That Appear Not’? – A Critical Review of the Role of Arts and Culture in the Regeneration of Urban Places and Urban Communities’, AHRC report.
- Campbell, P. (2014) ‘Imaginary Success? – The Contentious Ascendance of Creativity’, European Planning Studies, 22(5), pp. 995-1009.
- Kirton, A., Campbell, P., and Hardwick, L. (2013) ‘Developing applied research skills through collaboration in extra – academic contexts’, HEA report.
- Campbell, P. (2012) ‘A Creative Crisis? Linking the European Capital of Culture and Creative Industries’ in Komlosi, L.I. and Coudenys, W. ed(s) Culture in/and Crisis – Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Conference of the University Network of the European Capitals of Culture. Antwerp: UNeECC.
- Campbell, P. (2012) ‘The Culture-led Regeneration Paradigm’ in Wilson, K. and O’Brien, D. It’s Not The Winning… Reconsidering the Cultural City – A report on the Cultural Cities Research Network 2011-12. Liverpool: Institute of Cultural Capital.
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘Creative Industries in a European Capital of Culture’, International Journal of Cultural Policy, 7(5), pp. 510–522.
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘You say ‘creative’, and I say ‘creative’’, Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, 3(1), pp. 18–30. *
- Campbell, P. (2011) ‘A Catachresis of Creativity? – Liverpool ’08, culture-led regeneration, and the creative industries’, PhD Thesis, University of Liverpool.
*This is an Author’s Original Manuscript of an article submitted for consideration in the Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events [copyright Taylor & Francis]; the Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events is available online at www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19407963.2011.539379.